- JOLIE and ORSOLA , her daughter, losing the bones of JOLIE’s father, to a village in South ALBANIA, discover maybe the most bizarre BAZAAR of bones, with which the history of the BALKANS can be bought and sold. Why not profit, themselves, by selling the bones of JOLIE’s father in exchange for true love?
Would you sell the bones of your father or grandfather, if this was a millionaire business? JOLIE, French, and ORSOLA, Italian, her daughter, after the strange adventures of losing the bones of their father and grandfather, to a village in the South of ALBANIA, discover maybe the most bizarre BAZAAR of bones, with which the history of the BALKANS can be bought and sold. Why not profit, themselves, by selling the bones of their father and grandfather in exchange for true love?
Our story is based on actual events, happened in the South of Albania near the Greek border years ago, based in the old Balkan saying: the place in which the grave of a compatriot has endured the trials of time, is a place worth dying for.
Title: Balkan bazaar (2011)
|Cooproduction||MEDIAPLEX ITALIA, TREDICI DICEMBRE|
|Producer||Sabina Kodra, Robert Budina|
|Screenplay and direction||Edmond Budina|
|Director of photography||Daniele Baldacci|
|Sound & mix sound||Giaccomo Avanza|
|Art director||Arian Risvani|
- July 2010 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Work in Progress
- March 2011 Sofia International Film Festival Balkan Selection
- September 2011 Prishtina International Film Festival Balkan Selection
- September 2011 Alexandria International Film Festival
- July 2014 Chichester International Film Festival
- November 2014 New York Albanian Film Week
Releases in Theaters
- Albania April 2011
- Italy September 2011
- Finland January 2015